As people grow older, it is common to develop health problems and mobility challenges. Unfortunately, this implies that arthritis and joint discomfort are prevalent among the elderly. These conditions affects a large portion of the older adult population. Not all joint pains are the same, and there are a variety of causes for this symptom. Having a home health aide is beneficial to seniors suffering from arthritis.
There are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis, with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis being the most common among seniors. Each kind of arthritis is marked by joint inflammation, which causes stiffness, redness, and a reduction in range of motion. As a provider of home care in California, we listed some ways to manage arthritis in seniors:
- Apply ice or heat to relieve pain in the affected joint.
- Stretch gently to increase range of motion.
- Have occupational or physical therapy.
- Use doctor-recommended topical pain relievers, such as counter-irritants.
- Maintain a healthy weight to relieve joint pressure.
If you are looking for dependable home health services in Camarillo, California, Las Posas Home Health Services is here for you. We are a trusted provider of personalized one-on-one home health care services. Make an appointment today, and we’ll be there for you every step of the way.